South African Airways (SAA) announced that it was named the Best Airline in Africa in a global customer satisfaction survey.
The announcement was made during the Skytrax World Airline Awards ceremony hosted at the 50th International Paris Air Show earlier yesterday.
This will be a relief for the national carrier after receiving a worrying rating from the newly established South African Customer Satisfaction Index (SAcsi). Released about two weeks ago the SAcsi results for the local airline industry suggested that domestic travellers’ satisfaction levels were low and the SAA scored below average and below low-cost carriers Kulula and Mango (Mango is an SAA subsidiary).
The SAA statement said the Skytrax World Airline Awards are regarded as the most prestigious accolades for the world airline industry and provide global benchmark of airline excellence. This year is SAA’s eleventh consecutive year of winning the Best Airline in Africa award; making South Africa’s national flag carrier the most awarded airline on the continent.
“We are delighted that customers from across the world have, for 11 years in a row, voted us the Best Airline in Africa. It is a remarkable achievement that resonates with our vision, which is to be ‘Africa’s leading world-class airline,” said Suretha Cruse, Customer Service Executive at SAA.
“We also acknowledge that a fundamental cultural mind-set change towards an efficient service-driven organisation is required in what is an extremely competitive industry. Hence, and in line with our long term turnaround strategy, exceptional operational and customer service will be SAA’s DNA forthwith,”
SAA said it wins on average one award every month, having scooped six accolades since the beginning of 2013.
- SAA retained its 4 Star Skytrax Rating for the 11th consecutive year;
- SAA was awarded the On-time Performance Service Award by Flightstats as the winner in the Middle East and Africacategory;
- SAA Cargo received the African Cargo Airline of the Year Award from STAT Times, which is an international award for excellence;
- SAA was awarded as the Top Performing Airline at the SA Tourism 4th Annual Ubuntu Awards;
In June 2013
- SAA was awarded the Sunday Times Generation X Coolest Domestic Airline; and
- SAA won the Skytrax Award for Best Airline in Africa, at the Skytrax World Airline Awards Ceremony.
Like our FB page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/ujuh/455796514465721