Adobe Systems announced yesterday the availability of the much-anticipated Adobe Creative Cloud to South Africans. Adobe Creative Cloud is a radical new way of providing creative tools and services that will change the game for creatives. This subscription-based offering from Adobe is a hub for making, sharing and delivering creative work.
Adobe Creative Cloud Highlights
- With Creative Cloud membership, creatives can download and install all of the latest Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications.
- Creative Cloud membership provides users with access to download and install all Adobe CS6 applications as well as HTML5 products Adobe Muse™ and Adobe Edge Tools and Services.
- Creative Cloud integrates Adobe’s creative tablet applications†, such as Photoshop Touch, into everyday work – seamlessly synchronising and storing files in the cloud for sharing and access on any device.
- Creative Cloud members are able to easily deliver mobile apps to iOS and Android marketplaces and publish, manage and host websites.
- Adobe Creative Cloud members have access to application upgrades, including new CS point-product features, before they are launched as part of major CS updates, as well as inventive new products and services as they emerge.
- Adobe Creative Cloud membership is US$49.99 per month, with an annual contract available exclusively through the Adobe online store.
“The urge to be creative is universal, and harnessing the creative spark – in everyone from school children to creative pros – has never been more important,” said Grant O’Connor Adobe Regional Manager for sub-Saharan Africa and Israel. “Wherever and whenever inspiration strikes, Adobe will be there to help capture, refine and publish your ideas.”
Adobe Creative Cloud Links Adobe Touch Apps to CS6 Desktop Tools
- Adobe Creative Cloud integrates Adobe’s line of creative touch tools with CS6 desktop applications.
- Adobe Touch Apps bring professional-level creativity to tablet devices and address multiple areas of the creative process: image editing, ideation, sketching, mood board creation, website and mobile app prototyping, and the presentation of finished work.
- A new desktop app, Adobe Creative Cloud Connection, enables the syncing, sharing and storing of files across mobile devices and desktop.
- Creative Cloud membership includes up to 20GB of cloud storage, with additional storage purchase options coming soon.
Adobe Creative Cloud Publishing Services Streamline Website and App Creation
- Creative Cloud publishing services will include the ability to easily publish apps, magazines and catalogues to iPad, iPhone and Android devices.
- Members have immediate access to Adobe Typekit, the Web-based font library that pioneered the use of real fonts on websites, delivering more than 700 typefaces from leading foundries.
- New Web hosting capabilities, integrated as part of Adobe Creative Cloud membership, allow users to easily create and host high-impact websites. The Integration between Adobe Muse, Typekit and the Web hosting capabilities power a new simplified workflow for delivering high-impact websites.
Members Receive Ongoing Delivery of New Applications, Services and Features
Creative Cloud members will receive ongoing updates to Creative Suite applications as well as other new products and services as they emerge. Exciting new tools and services included in Adobe Creative Cloud are:
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4, desktop software tool that enables photographic perfection from shoot to finish; the first complete release of Edge Tools and Services, ground-breaking HTML5 development tools and services; and Digital Publishing Suite Single Edition, the technology behind the delivery of digital magazines on iPad as well as the latest release of Adobe Acrobat XI Professional.
- Creative Cloud will also include training, support and community features that drive meaningful connections between creatives worldwide.
Pricing and Availability
Pricing for Creative Cloud membership for individuals is US$49.99 per month based on annual membership. The month-to-month membership and education subscription options will be available to South Africans in the near future. Learn more athttp://www.adobe.com/africa/
About Adobe Systems Incorporated
Adobe is changing the world through digital experiences. For more information, visit www.adobe.com.